Smith Mountain Lake Mystery Writer

Contemplations from a quiet cove on Smith Mountain Lake.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a Southern gal who loves life, my husband and our family (which, to date, includes 13 grandchildren). I enjoy being with friends and family. But I also like being alone and thinking up plots for future books. I've published two novels, both mysteries, and I'm working on my third. For more about my books, visit me at www.sallyroseveare.com. If you ever hear me say, "I'm bored," please get me to the ER immediately! Paddling my kayak and snapping pictures of the critters I see relaxes me. Beach music has the opposite effect--when I hear those old "doo-wops" I want to dance.

Monday, April 02, 2012

JONATHAN'S TREE

I walked up the driveway to check the mail last Saturday and stopped so suddenly that Yellow Dog bumped into my legs. There, a few yards from me, stood "Jonathan's Tree," its limbs heavy with gorgeous blossoms. Click on the pictures to enlarge.
 

I moved closer for the next shot.


Planted in the spring of 2006 in memory of my precious grandson Jonathan Joseph, the tree is a loving reminder of that sweet little boy.



This is how "Jonathan's Tree" looked in 2010. Splendid then, it is spectacular now, don't you think? The photo below was taken this past Saturday.


We almost bought a weeping cherry back in 2006 because they are so beautiful, but I didn't want anything connected to weeping or sadness. Instead, we selected this ornamental cherry with its branches reaching toward heaven and our grandson.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Christine said...

Mother, the tree is absolutely gorgeous! I wish I could come see it in person. Those beautiful blossoms that appear after winter's seemingly lack of life are a wonderful reminder of the New Life in Christ and the hope of eternity. Thanks to the cross we get to see Jonathan again! I look forward to that day when it's time.
I love you!

10:23 PM  
Blogger Sally Roseveare said...

Christine, I wish you could see it, too. I love you.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Franz X Beisser said...

I'm glad you are sharing God's blessings.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home