Smith Mountain Lake Mystery Writer

Contemplations from a quiet cove on Smith Mountain Lake.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a Southern gal who loves life, my husband and our family (which, to date, includes 13 grandchildren). I enjoy being with friends and family. But I also like being alone and thinking up plots for future books. I've published two novels, both mysteries, and I'm working on my third. For more about my books, visit me at www.sallyroseveare.com. If you ever hear me say, "I'm bored," please get me to the ER immediately! Paddling my kayak and snapping pictures of the critters I see relaxes me. Beach music has the opposite effect--when I hear those old "doo-wops" I want to dance.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Remembering Jonathan

Today is my grandson Jonathan’s third birthday. Actually, December 27th means that Jonathan was born three years ago. I thank God for sending him to us, wish I’d known then that we’d have him for only two years and 17 days.

Unknown to anyone, this precious blonde-haired, brown-eyed little boy was born with a condition known as arterial venous malformation. The blood vessels in his brain were not formed correctly and, without any warning, they burst on January 12, 2006. He died the next day. At least Jonathan didn’t suffer. And some day those of us who loved him will see him again. What a joyous occasion that will be!

We all miss him terribly. We loved his sweet, cheerful personality, the excitement he showed when he saw a truck or a tractor, the way he would snuggle up against us. He liked to help with the chickens, play ball, explore the woods, run and jump with his brother and sisters, splash in the lake. The youngest of six children, he adored his older siblings, shared a bedroom with his 11 year old brother Jacob. He looked forward to playing with his little sister Johanna who was born eight days after Jonathan died. I'm so sorry they missed knowing each other.

As emotional and painful as 2006 has been, I feel privileged that we had Jonathan to love and hug, even though his time here on earth was way too short. We’ll always remember him and love him.

Happy Birthday, Jonathan. Grandmother loves you.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home