Smith Mountain Lake Mystery Writer

Contemplations from a quiet cove on Smith Mountain Lake.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a Southern gal who loves life, my husband and our family (which, to date, includes 13 grandchildren). I enjoy being with friends and family. But I also like being alone and thinking up plots for future books. I've published two novels, both mysteries, and I'm working on my third. For more about my books, visit me at www.sallyroseveare.com. If you ever hear me say, "I'm bored," please get me to the ER immediately! Paddling my kayak and snapping pictures of the critters I see relaxes me. Beach music has the opposite effect--when I hear those old "doo-wops" I want to dance.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

The 6th Diamond Hill Sunflower Festival on August 25th was a tremendous success! Lots of folks entered their gigantic and/or unique sunflowers in the competition. I joined four other Lake WritersJim Morrison (Bedford Goes to War), Becky Mushko (A Cup of Comfort for Writers), Marion Higgins (When Men Move to the Basement), and Jean Brobeck (Musings) to sell and sign books. We had a great time meeting new readers, selling books, and visiting with people who stopped by to chat.

Christine Brodt, co-owner of Diamond Hill General Store, dressed appropriately for a sunflower festival. If you've never shopped at Diamond Hill, do. The folks there are so nice to work with. And they stock lots of neat stuff.

Yours truly hawking my Smith Mountain Lake mystery novel Secrets at Spawning Run. We Lake Writers had the best time, even though the temperature hovered between 97 and 103 degrees. I’m not kidding. A lady I was talking to told me that!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home