Smith Mountain Lake Mystery Writer

Contemplations from a quiet cove on Smith Mountain Lake.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a Southern gal who loves life, my husband and our family (which, to date, includes 13 grandchildren). I enjoy being with friends and family. But I also like being alone and thinking up plots for future books. I've published two novels, both mysteries, and I'm working on my third. For more about my books, visit me at www.sallyroseveare.com. If you ever hear me say, "I'm bored," please get me to the ER immediately! Paddling my kayak and snapping pictures of the critters I see relaxes me. Beach music has the opposite effect--when I hear those old "doo-wops" I want to dance.

Monday, September 27, 2010

LOVE AFFAIR WITH ALASKA: Part 2

In the previous post, I didn't tell you about two people I met at The Long House Hotel. While we were eating breakfast, a lady looked at the complicated waffle maker and said she needed help. I answered that my husband was a waffle-making expert. We started talking while Ron assisted her with a waffle. And we talked and talked some more.

She and her husband are fascinating people. That's why I'm doing a separate blog post about them. Both artists, Ruth is a wildlife painter; Mike is a wildlife photographer. Their passion has taken them all over the world. I think their work is fabulous. Below is one of Ruth's paintings entitled "Grizzly Truth," which is mixed media on canvas 18" x 24 ". Nice, huh? To see her work, go to www.sanpietropaper.com.


Below are the two photographs of grizzlies that Mike sent me. Do you see baby bear in the second picture? What a Mothers' Day card that would make! Better quality processed raw images are available if anyone is interested in getting prints. To see Mike's pictures, go to www.mikecaroffphoto.com.




In the next blog I'll talk about the land tour we took on a double-decker, glass-domed train. And you might even see a picture of my husband with a famous woman! No, I'm not talking about me.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home