Smith Mountain Lake Mystery Writer

Contemplations from a quiet cove on Smith Mountain Lake.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a Southern gal who loves life, my husband and our family (which, to date, includes 13 grandchildren). I enjoy being with friends and family. But I also like being alone and thinking up plots for future books. I've published two novels, both mysteries, and I'm working on my third. For more about my books, visit me at www.sallyroseveare.com. If you ever hear me say, "I'm bored," please get me to the ER immediately! Paddling my kayak and snapping pictures of the critters I see relaxes me. Beach music has the opposite effect--when I hear those old "doo-wops" I want to dance.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

2011 SML BUSINESS EXPO

The 2011 Smith Mountain Lake Business Expo held in downtown Moneta last Saturday was only 20 minutes from our house, so how could we not go? Besides, I wanted to stop at Kitty's Little Book Shoppe, and we needed plants and other stuff from Moneta Farm & Home Center, and a few groceries from Shop Rite Grocery.



The professional sign above, designed and created locally by SML Signs & More, welcomed us. The tents were packed with vendors and folks looking for all kinds of information on products and services.



Hickory Hill Vineyards & Winery hosted a display. That's Wendy Furrow-Scott, daughter of owners Roger and Judy Furrow. Many of their wines have won medals. Click on the picture to see the wines better. They don't carry just wine; there's also a gift shop with unique items for sale.



John and Micki Singer are manning the Bedford Memorial Hospital booth. I've received excellent medical attention there several times--at the hospital, not the booth.



Diamond Hill General Store was represented by Robert Matzuga (garden center) and Christine and Carl Brodt, owners of Diamond Hill General Store.



This huge sign immediately caught my eye. I mean, who wants a nasty crawl space? Not I! Since we don't have a crawl space we don't need to worry, but if I did I think I'd go to this company with the catchy sign. The man was nice, too, but I didn't get his name.

We learned a lot and met some interesting people. We plan to go to the next SML Business Expo.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home