Smith Mountain Lake Mystery Writer

Contemplations from a quiet cove on Smith Mountain Lake.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a Southern gal who loves life, my husband and our family (which, to date, includes 13 grandchildren). I enjoy being with friends and family. But I also like being alone and thinking up plots for future books. I've published two novels, both mysteries, and I'm working on my third. For more about my books, visit me at www.sallyroseveare.com. If you ever hear me say, "I'm bored," please get me to the ER immediately! Paddling my kayak and snapping pictures of the critters I see relaxes me. Beach music has the opposite effect--when I hear those old "doo-wops" I want to dance.

Monday, December 27, 2010

MISSING JONATHAN

My precious grandson Jonathan would have been seven years old today, but he died suddenly, 17 days after his second birthday, from arterial venous malformation of the brain. He never met his sister Johanna, born eight days after he went to heaven, or Josiah, now three, or Anna, born this past July. They all would have had so much fun together.

Jonathan and me, Christmas 2005

Jonathan enjoyed playing ball with his older brother and sisters, snuggling in loving arms always eager to hold him, riding his rocking horse, "reading" books with anyone who would read to him, riding in the boat.


Jonathan waiting to catch the football

I miss him. We all miss him. Losing Jonathan was heart-wrenching, but the joy of having had him for two years and 17 days far outweighs the loss.

Happy Birthday, Jonathan. Grandmother still loves you.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Mary Lib said...

Sally,
My heart aches for you in the loss of your grandson, Jonathan. I'm so glad you have these adorable pictures to remind you of the fun you and his family members shared with him. They are precious pictures.

My grandson just turned two recently and he is such a joy to us. As someone once said to me..."Grandchildren are just that...GRAND!"

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Sally said...

Thanks, Mary Lib. And you're so right--grandchildren are GRAND!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Miller said...

I am a friend of Chris' and she just mentioned that you have a blog. I was a Sr. at W&L the year Jonathan went to be with the Lord. I still miss him, too.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Sally Roseveare said...

Chris, thank you so much for commenting. Jonathan was such a treasure. I'll always miss him.

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home