Smith Mountain Lake Mystery Writer

Contemplations from a quiet cove on Smith Mountain Lake.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a Southern gal who loves life, my husband and our family (which, to date, includes 13 grandchildren). I enjoy being with friends and family. But I also like being alone and thinking up plots for future books. I've published two novels, both mysteries, and I'm working on my third. For more about my books, visit me at www.sallyroseveare.com. If you ever hear me say, "I'm bored," please get me to the ER immediately! Paddling my kayak and snapping pictures of the critters I see relaxes me. Beach music has the opposite effect--when I hear those old "doo-wops" I want to dance.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

REFLECTIONS

With a title like "Reflections," you probably think I'm blogging about the things in my life that I reflect upon, thus giving you wise advice or inspired words. Not so. This afternoon hubby and I launched our kayaks and actually got out on the lake for the first time in eons. Instantly I felt my worries and stress drain away. I relaxed, and armed with my paddle and my Canon camera, I struck out to photograph whatever came my way. Today I photographed reflections in the sky and the water.

 You'll see a splotch of red in the distance. 
 That's hubby in his kayak. 
Be sure to double-click to enlarge the pictures.

 
Looking up Witcher Creek and at Ron in the red kayak.

 Cedar Key on Witcher Creek. I love the reflection of the clouds in the lake.

 Another Cedar Key photo.

 
Contrails in the sky and the lake.
 That's our house and boathouse on left.

 On shore shooting through Winter Jasmine that my 
good friend Carol Downey gave me years ago.

 I heard a whoosh in the Winter Jasmine, and out flew 
a male cardinal. He tried to hide in a nearby tree.

I love nature: the trees, water, birds, critters. 
Here's Mr. Cardinal, who thinks I can't see him.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Becky Mushko said...

Love the reflections of clouds in the lake.Makes the lake look mysterious.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Franz X Beisser said...

What a nice post. It makes my heart sing.

1:20 PM  
Blogger @themiddle said...

Love, love, love these pictures. Lake calms...ah.

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home