Smith Mountain Lake Mystery Writer

Contemplations from a quiet cove on Smith Mountain Lake.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a Southern gal who loves life, my husband and our family (which, to date, includes 13 grandchildren). I enjoy being with friends and family. But I also like being alone and thinking up plots for future books. I've published two novels, both mysteries, and I'm working on my third. For more about my books, visit me at www.sallyroseveare.com. If you ever hear me say, "I'm bored," please get me to the ER immediately! Paddling my kayak and snapping pictures of the critters I see relaxes me. Beach music has the opposite effect--when I hear those old "doo-wops" I want to dance.

Saturday, February 07, 2015

WHAT IS THAT? HMMM.

I received a phone call from my neighbor--a kindred soul who, like me, gets excited over things floating in the lake or flying over the lake or swimming in the lake. Actually, it doesn't take much to get our minds going anywhere anytime. Once we thought a log was a body. It wasn't, thank goodness. So when Marilee called yesterday and said, "Sally, what is that blue thing in the lake?" I grabbed my binoculars and hurried out on my deck.

I searched for a minute before I saw IT floating, and then IT changed direction and headed my way. Uh-oh. I picked up my camera and hurried down the 76 steps to the dock.


IT looked like a round blue tube, a fun water toy. But what made IT turn so abruptly? Was a fish pulling the tube? Was that a hand sticking up? My imagination took over; the theme from the movie  "Jaws" played in my head. Dun-dun, dun-dun, dun-dun.


IT came closer, passed my dock and floated close to my other neighbor's dock. Still weird, because the current appeared to be going in the opposite direction. I managed to get a good look at IT, and discovered that IT was, indeed, a blue water toy, that the hand was a handle. I watched IT float on up to the end of the cove. Part of me was disappointed there was no mysterious story connected to IT, material I could use for the novel I'm working on.


I'm glad Marilee called to tell me about IT. We had chance to let our imaginations loose, my creative side enjoyed the ride, and I had something to blog about! But there's still the question: What made IT change direction? Dun-dun, dun-dun, dun-dun.




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home