Smith Mountain Lake Mystery Writer

Contemplations from a quiet cove on Smith Mountain Lake.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a Southern gal who loves life, my husband and our family (which, to date, includes 13 grandchildren). I enjoy being with friends and family. But I also like being alone and thinking up plots for future books. I've published two novels, both mysteries, and I'm working on my third. For more about my books, visit me at www.sallyroseveare.com. If you ever hear me say, "I'm bored," please get me to the ER immediately! Paddling my kayak and snapping pictures of the critters I see relaxes me. Beach music has the opposite effect--when I hear those old "doo-wops" I want to dance.

Monday, August 17, 2009

Another Book Signing

On Saturday, August 15, I signed books with Tad Parker, a YA author, at Kitty's Little Book Shoppe in Moneta. The crowds were not huge, but I sold some books, chatted with some nice folks, and got to know Tad better. The book shop is located on 122 in Bedford County. If you are in the area and need some books, drop by. Kitty's Little Book Shoppe is packed with new and used books.

Tad is a new member of Lake Writers and, in my opinion, a good writer. He has some good ideas about marketing. The title of his book is Jerry McAllister and the Slaves of the Tellusian Underground, Book One. Says Tad, "The book is a lively, believable fantasy for children in fourth, fifth and sixth grades." You can read more about Tad Parker and his book on his web site.

After leaving Kitty's, I hurried home, fixed a quick supper for Ron and me, and we drove over to Hickory Hill Winery and Vineyard for their last Sunset Saturday of the season. We bought a glass of wine, relaxed in our folding chairs, and enjoyed live music. Except for paddling in my kayak, Hickory Hill's Sunset Saturdays are my most relaxing times in the summer. If you've never stopped at Hickory Hill, you've missed tasting good wine and meeting some really nice people.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Tad Parker, Jr. said...

Sally, I too was dissapointed by the turnout on Saturday, but I still considered it a smashing success. This was my first time out and really enjoyed our time together. I look forward to spending many more Saturday afternoons with you and King.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home