Smith Mountain Lake Mystery Writer

Contemplations from a quiet cove on Smith Mountain Lake.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a Southern gal who loves life, my husband and our family (which, to date, includes 13 grandchildren). I enjoy being with friends and family. But I also like being alone and thinking up plots for future books. I've published two novels, both mysteries, and I'm working on my third. For more about my books, visit me at www.sallyroseveare.com. If you ever hear me say, "I'm bored," please get me to the ER immediately! Paddling my kayak and snapping pictures of the critters I see relaxes me. Beach music has the opposite effect--when I hear those old "doo-wops" I want to dance.

Friday, November 19, 2010

Athenian Society for the Arts and Sciences

This week I double-dosed on signing books and talking about writing. And I loved every minute of it. On the 16th, I signed books at the Franklin County Library. On Thursday, November 18th, I spoke to the Athenian Society for the Arts and Sciences in Roanoke in the WDBJ TV community room. The Athenian Society is a group of women who wish to further the arts and sciences in the community by creating opportunities for enrichment and education. I am honored that they wanted me to speak at their November meeting.

My stuffed Labrador retriever King and me. Photo by Athenian Society member Christine Jordan.

Some of the Athenian Society members. Photo by Christine Jordan.

This was a fun and interesting group. They laughed and asked lots of questions. I enjoyed their company so much that I talked longer than my allotted time. Pat, a delightful lady, gave me some good ideas to work into a book, possibly my third "Secrets" novel. Athenian Society member Christine Jordan took all the pictures.


Peggy Davis introducing me. Photo by Christine Jordan.

Christine from Ram's Head Book Shop in Roanoke brought books and took care of the selling so that I could concentrate on signing books.


That's me in the red jacket. Photo by Christine Jordan.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home