Smith Mountain Lake Mystery Writer

Contemplations from a quiet cove on Smith Mountain Lake.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a Southern gal who loves life, my husband and our family (which, to date, includes 13 grandchildren). I enjoy being with friends and family. But I also like being alone and thinking up plots for future books. I've published two novels, both mysteries, and I'm working on my third. For more about my books, visit me at www.sallyroseveare.com. If you ever hear me say, "I'm bored," please get me to the ER immediately! Paddling my kayak and snapping pictures of the critters I see relaxes me. Beach music has the opposite effect--when I hear those old "doo-wops" I want to dance.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Moneta/SML Community Market

The first time I ate lamb was after my husband and I were engaged. I joined his parents, his two brothers and their dates, for a Christmas dinner. My future mother-in-law served lamb. I had no clue that the mint jelly was intended to eat with the lamb. I put it on my home-made crescent roll.

I know better now. And tomorrow morning I'll head over to the Moneta/SML Community Market to buy fresh lamb. Willie Morris of Springwood Farm will be there with lamb for us to sample and buy. I can hardly wait. I'll also stop by the Wright Brothers beef booth.

If you've never been to the Moneta/SML Community Market located on Rt. 122 next to Resurrection Catholic Church, you should come. Besides beef and lamb, vendors will be selling fresh produce and different kinds of crafts. Hope to see you there.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! I was doing some geneology research online and googled my great-uncle's name, W. Frank Landing, and found your blog - just wanted to say that I found your entry about his book, War Cry of the South, to be very touching. If you ever actually did want to relay a message to him, I would be glad to pass it on! islandgirl888@hotmail.com

Caroline

8:50 AM  
Blogger Sally Roseveare said...

Even though the comment from "Anonymous" (who is Caroline) has nothing whatsoever to do with the Moneta Community Market, I was delighted to hear from her! Her great-uncle W. Frank Landing was my high school English teacher. If you want to read more, go to "Archives" then to my blog post "New Book Case" in August 2006, then read more in my September post dated September 28, "Back in Touch." And if by some chance you can locate a copy of "War Cry of the South," BUY IT!

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home