Smith Mountain Lake Mystery Writer

Contemplations from a quiet cove on Smith Mountain Lake.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a Southern gal who loves life, my husband and our family (which, to date, includes 13 grandchildren). I enjoy being with friends and family. But I also like being alone and thinking up plots for future books. I've published two novels, both mysteries, and I'm working on my third. For more about my books, visit me at www.sallyroseveare.com. If you ever hear me say, "I'm bored," please get me to the ER immediately! Paddling my kayak and snapping pictures of the critters I see relaxes me. Beach music has the opposite effect--when I hear those old "doo-wops" I want to dance.

Wednesday, August 03, 2011

AN HONEST-TO-GOODNESS FLOWER BED!

A couple weeks ago, Ron and I drove to Raleigh to have lunch with my Aunt Lyle, and Elizabeth, my cousin, and from there to visit my cousin Ross and his wife Angie in Mebane. On our drive along Rt. 86, a back country road between Danville and Hillsboro, I saw the most original flower bed I've ever seen. I didn't have my camera out of the case soon enough, but hubby said we could come back that way. (That was really sweet of him because he doesn't like to go the same way twice!) We memorized landmarks so I'd have my camera available. You ready for this?


Be sure to click on the picture to enlarge.

What ingenious people! I wanted to stop, ring their door bell, introduce myself, get to know them. I didn't, but maybe I will the next time I pass their yard. I bet they would be fascinating. So if these flower-bed folks happen to read this blog, I'd love to hear from you.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Becky Mushko said...

Wow! Much more impressive than my "flower bed" that is so overgrown you can no longer see the bed part. This gives me something to aspire to.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Sally Roseveare said...

Me, too! But your flowers are always gorgeous. Mine have just about dried up except for the survive-anything weeds.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Franz X Beisser said...

A chamber pot would go with that. Full of petunias, a beautiful flower pot.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Sally Roseveare said...

Franz, I love the idea of a flower pot! Would you do it? Becky, how about you?

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Amy Thomas said...

I would say that was my flower bed but I would be lying and besides you know better--lol

8:07 AM  
Blogger Sally Roseveare said...

Amy,you know I don't have an honest-to-goodness flower bed either!

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home