Smith Mountain Lake Mystery Writer

Contemplations from a quiet cove on Smith Mountain Lake.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a Southern gal who loves life, my husband and our family (which, to date, includes 13 grandchildren). I enjoy being with friends and family. But I also like being alone and thinking up plots for future books. I've published two novels, both mysteries, and I'm working on my third. For more about my books, visit me at www.sallyroseveare.com. If you ever hear me say, "I'm bored," please get me to the ER immediately! Paddling my kayak and snapping pictures of the critters I see relaxes me. Beach music has the opposite effect--when I hear those old "doo-wops" I want to dance.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Ferradiddledumday

Folks who weren't at the Westlake Library the night of January 28th missed a treat. Becky Mushko, author of the recently released book Ferradiddledumday, and book illustrator Bruce Rae, put on quite a show. After the introduction by librarians Pam Palmer and Marilyn Amerson, Becky and Bruce performed parts of Ferradiddledumday, an Appalachian version of Rumpelstiltskin.

Pam Palmer, children's librarian at Westlake


Becky Mushko as Gillie; Bruce Rae as Ferradiddledumday

Even though I have read drafts of Ferradiddledumday and the published book, I laughed hard and often. Becky played the part of Gillie, an Appalachian farmer's daughter who spins hay into gold. Bruce acted as Gillie's father, as well as the character Ferradiddledumday, a little magic man who granted Gillie the ability to spin the hay into gold. If you ever get the opportunity to see Becky and Bruce perform this, do it. You won't be disappointed. And if you want a good read, go buy the book. I own 11 copies! They will make great gifts for my grandchildren.

Marilyn Amerson, head librarian at Westlake, and Becky Mushko.

To visit Becky's website, go to www.beckymushko.com. To read her blog posts, go to www.peevishpen.blogspot.com.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Becky Mushko said...

Thanks, for blogging about this, Sally. I had fun doing the presentation.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Claudia Condiff said...

Sally, The Rocky Mount edition was great too.
I will blog with pictures on it next blog!

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home