Smith Mountain Lake Mystery Writer

Contemplations from a quiet cove on Smith Mountain Lake.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a Southern gal who loves life, my husband and our family (which, to date, includes 13 grandchildren). I enjoy being with friends and family. But I also like being alone and thinking up plots for future books. I've published two novels, both mysteries, and I'm working on my third. For more about my books, visit me at www.sallyroseveare.com. If you ever hear me say, "I'm bored," please get me to the ER immediately! Paddling my kayak and snapping pictures of the critters I see relaxes me. Beach music has the opposite effect--when I hear those old "doo-wops" I want to dance.

Saturday, December 05, 2009

Seven Virginia Authors

Seven Virginia authors gathered at The General Store in Moneta to sign books on November 21st. We talked, laughed, examined and traded books, and enjoyed chatting with folks who dropped by to shop and buy our books. Owners Vicki and Rita and their fine staff provided us with coffee, juice, and delicious goodies. I bought something, of course. Seldom do I leave that shop without a purchase in my hands.

Two of the authors were ladies I had never met. I liked them instantly, and I'm looking forward to reading their books. B. (Barbara) R. Roberts lives in Lynchburg, and has published a children's book entitled "What A Christmas!" I'm sure my grandchildren will enjoy it. Barbara sent me the picture below which was taken by Susan Dittler. Debra Cheehy from Northern Virginia has written "I Like Dogs," which, in my opinion, is a must-read for any family thinking about getting a dog.

Back Row, L to R: Bob VandeLinde, Sally Roseveare, Barbara Roberts, Curtis Nester, Rodney Franklin
Front Row, L to R: Debra Cheehy
Photo by Susan Dittler

If you've never shopped at The General Store, stop in, grab a cup of hot coffee, and browse awhile. You'll find just about something for everybody on your gift list. And if you sew, don't miss the fabrics and sewing notions downstairs.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home