Smith Mountain Lake Mystery Writer

Contemplations from a quiet cove on Smith Mountain Lake.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a Southern gal who loves life, my husband and our family (which, to date, includes 13 grandchildren). I enjoy being with friends and family. But I also like being alone and thinking up plots for future books. I've published two novels, both mysteries, and I'm working on my third. For more about my books, visit me at www.sallyroseveare.com. If you ever hear me say, "I'm bored," please get me to the ER immediately! Paddling my kayak and snapping pictures of the critters I see relaxes me. Beach music has the opposite effect--when I hear those old "doo-wops" I want to dance.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

So Much Fun!

I had so much fun speaking and signing books at the Westlake Library on Tuesday, October 13! Thanks to the library's fine organizer Claudia Nagel, and to friends telling friends, lots of people attended. Lake Writer buddies Bruce Ray, Betsy Ashton, Becky Mushko, Claudia Condiff, Phyllis Conrad, and Karen Wrigley came to support me. And there were other folks I knew, too. I even met a lady who first saw my book on my daughter-in-law's mother's coffee table in Blacksburg!

After a fantastic introduction by Betsy Ashton, I was revved up and ready to talk and read. I could not have asked for a better audience! They asked great questions and laughed at my goofy spiels about researching material for my books, i.e. stuffing bodies in porta-potties.

Yep, this was a fun evening. Many thanks to all who came: to Betsy for her introduction, to Marilyn Amerson, Claudia Nagel, and Kellyann Gordon from Westlake Library, and to Shirley and John Yates (Friends of the Library) for providing refreshments.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Betsy Ashton said...

I think you should consider releasing both Smith Mountain Lake mysteries as audio books. You have a wonderful reading voice. The new software makes editing out tangled words really easy. Please consider.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Becky Mushko said...

You were really entertaining. Who knew you were a stand-up comedian?

1:46 PM  
Blogger Sally Roseveare said...

Betsy, Ron has suggested several times that I put my books on audio. Infinity will do it, but I'm allowed only 40,000 words. Do you know the name of that software? Maybe, in my spare time . . .

7:05 PM  
Blogger Sally Roseveare said...

Becky, thank you. I think it was the great crowd that caused the comedian in me to come out.I had a ball!

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sally, I surely enjoyed hearing you speak, and I too, think you should do an audio book.When I did hair in the Florida Keys, a client of mine suddenly lost her sight and she had been an avid reader. Audio books saved her sanity. I had no idea how important audio books are until that time.
I also am awed by the route you took to writing mysteries! You are a murderer, even if only in the literary sense!

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home