Smith Mountain Lake Mystery Writer

Contemplations from a quiet cove on Smith Mountain Lake.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a Southern gal who loves life, my husband and our family (which, to date, includes 13 grandchildren). I enjoy being with friends and family. But I also like being alone and thinking up plots for future books. I've published two novels, both mysteries, and I'm working on my third. For more about my books, visit me at www.sallyroseveare.com. If you ever hear me say, "I'm bored," please get me to the ER immediately! Paddling my kayak and snapping pictures of the critters I see relaxes me. Beach music has the opposite effect--when I hear those old "doo-wops" I want to dance.

Monday, December 07, 2009

Signing Books in Lynchburg

My most recent book signing was at Givens Books & Little Dickens in Lynchburg, VA, on Saturday, November 28th. I had so much fun! One of the great things about book signings is that old friends often drop by for a book and to chat. At this signing, lots of good friends came. We chatted, laughed, even cried a little. And they bought books.

Photo by Martin Tolhoek

Until we moved to the lake in 2000, I did most of my shopping in Lynchburg. Most of my friends lived in Lynchburg. We attended church in Forest, which butts up to Lynchburg. I don't get there as often now. I told my husband later that signing at Givens was like going home.

Photo by Martin Tolhoek
Author Jeri Watts, Me, and friend Kay Tolhoek

Meeting and signing with other authors is also a plus, and on the 28th, I met and signed with Dr. Jeri H. Watts, Assistant Professor of Human Development and Learning at Lynchburg College. She was delightful, and I hope to see her again.

Photo by Lisa Roseveare
Grandson Matthew, Granddaughters Emily & Nicole
And yes, I see the bunny ears.

Givens Books & Little Dickens, located at 2236 Lakeside Drive, Lynchburg, is a family-owned store and is a favorite place for me to purchase birthday and Christmas gifts for my grandchildren. Not only is the store packed with books, there are educational toys, fun toys, teaching supplies, and a coffeehouse and cafe. The staff is polite and helpful. In my opinion, this would be the perfect book store for Becky Mushko's book Ferradiddledumday which will be coming out in January. You can read more about Givens Books & Little Dickens at www.givensbooks.com.

Photo by Martin Tolhoek

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

Oh my goodness! I met Jeri in NYC at the winter SCBWI conference. We sat together in one of the critique sessions. She was working on a historical novel about the Civil Rights movement. What a small world!
Congratulations on your book signing - that must be so much fun!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Sally Roseveare said...

I'm so glad you met Jeri! It really is a small world.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home