Smith Mountain Lake Mystery Writer

Contemplations from a quiet cove on Smith Mountain Lake.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a Southern gal who loves life, my husband and our family (which, to date, includes 13 grandchildren). I enjoy being with friends and family. But I also like being alone and thinking up plots for future books. I've published two novels, both mysteries, and I'm working on my third. For more about my books, visit me at www.sallyroseveare.com. If you ever hear me say, "I'm bored," please get me to the ER immediately! Paddling my kayak and snapping pictures of the critters I see relaxes me. Beach music has the opposite effect--when I hear those old "doo-wops" I want to dance.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Living in the Heart of Virginia

On March 10, Tab O'Neal interviewed me on his TV show, Living in the Heart of Virginia (ABC, Channel 13 in Lynchburg, VA), that airs from 12:30 to 1:00 each week day, Monday through Friday. For four minutes we discussed the importance of writers' groups, i.e. Lake Writers, and talked about my two novels and writing. I read the first two paragraphs from my second book, Secrets at Sweetwater Cove.

So what was this experience like? Terrifying! And fascinating and educational. The staff at ABC and WSET's Channel 13 could not have been nicer or more professional. Tab O'Neal was relaxed, but cognizant of everything happening around him, and a true Southern gentleman all at the same time. Behind the scenes, camera men, producers, planners, people all busy with their jobs, talked and moved about as needed, usually quickly.

I knew that because of the bright lights I would need to apply more makeup, so before leaving home that morning, I caked on the eyeliner, mascara, blush and lipstick. I felt like a woman of ill repute when I left the house. I hoped no one would see me. As I waited to take my seat on the stage, I almost wiped it off. So glad I didn't! When I saw myself on TV, I looked like I had no makeup on! I looked like death! And old!

To view the video, click below. And if you watch it and respond, please be kind. Warning: it takes a couple minutes to load, and is 4 minutes long.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Becky Mushko said...

Good interview! Thanks for posting the video.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Sally Roseveare said...

Becky,thanks for doing as I asked and posting a kind remark!

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Christine said...

You did a super job! I'm so thrilled to have been able to see that. I never knew about your run in with the man in the truck, but I'm not at all surprised. And...you did too look great! If I hadn't already read your books, I'd run out and get them. Way to go!

9:36 PM  
Blogger Sally Roseveare said...

Thanks for being kind, Christine! Guess I need to get busy on another book so you'll have another one to read.

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Mary Lib said...

Sally,
Good job! You appeared very poised and relaxed.
Thanks for sharing!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Sally Roseveare said...

Mary Lib, thanks! Hope my "poised and relaxed" act fooled other folks, too! I certainly didn't feel it.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home