Smith Mountain Lake Mystery Writer

Contemplations from a quiet cove on Smith Mountain Lake.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a Southern gal who loves life, my husband and our family (which, to date, includes 13 grandchildren). I enjoy being with friends and family. But I also like being alone and thinking up plots for future books. I've published two novels, both mysteries, and I'm working on my third. For more about my books, visit me at www.sallyroseveare.com. If you ever hear me say, "I'm bored," please get me to the ER immediately! Paddling my kayak and snapping pictures of the critters I see relaxes me. Beach music has the opposite effect--when I hear those old "doo-wops" I want to dance.

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Such Fun!

Sometimes things are such fun that you just want to jump up and down and yell "Yahoo!" for everybody to hear. I almost did that at The Bluebird Bakery and Grill on February 27th.

At 6:00 that evening, fellow writers Karen Wrigley (see my blog dated 2/15/10 for review of Beyond Woofs and Whinnnies), Becky Mushko (see blog dated 12/5/09 for review of Ferradiddledumday), and I met at The Bluebird for an "Ask the Authors" event, a first for the eatery and for us. With a fire roaring in the fireplace and surrounded by nice folks, we three gals discussed our books and answered questions from the crowd of friends, family, and strangers.

Me, Karen, Becky
All Photos by Ron R
oseveare

Some of the folks who attended. Note the goodies on the right.

Me, Karen and Becky at table. Note fireplace, which brought welcomed warmth on a cold night.

Owned and operated by really nice people (the Greene family), The Bluebird Bakery and Grill is a great place to go for coffee and pastry, lunch, and even dinner. Located at 1123 Celebration Avenue in Moneta, Virginia, The Bluebird is open Mondays through Saturdays. I think their chili is delicious; my husband and son liked the barbecue sandwich, and I've heard several people rave about the ribs.

This coming Saturday night (March 6th), families are invited to bring their children with them to The Bluebird. While the parents eat a scrumptious meal, some of the staff will entertain the children by reading to them. So if you want a fun, inexpensive family night out, don't miss this opportunity.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Betsy Ashton said...

I loved the questions people asked. And I apologize for trying to trip you by asking you to spin a tale around a necklace. Although, you did it perfectly. So, I guess the joke was on me. LOL

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home